The Energy Action Team supports the creation of new jobs and business opportunities that reduce energy demands and costs and increase energy efficiency and the production and use of renewable energy.
Accomplishments to date include:
Coordination and Outreach support for weatherization events including:
- 10/10/10 Weatherization Outreach Event
- Cool the planet – Warm the Neighborhood (November 2009)
Grant assistance and coordination:
- Pathways out of Poverty grant assistance
- Energy Efficiency Community Block Grants
- Living Cities grant application and award
- ACC mandate requiring UniSource Energy Services to work with SEDI in the development of a revolving loan fund for EE projects. EE&RE coordinated testimonial submittals to ACC and arranged meetings with Commissioners.
- Zero Energy (ZEN) Homes Initiative research project. Read the report here “Zen Homes Project Internship Report 09-18-09” (PDF)
- Named as a 2010 Finalist for the Governor’s Excellence Award in Energy. Read the nomination here “SEDI EE&RE 2010 Excellence Awards Application” (PDF)
Eric Marcus, Director of the Sustainable Economic Development Initiative (SEDI) of Flagstaff, introduced SolarThermiX, LLC, the manufacturer of the new solar air heaters, to key NAU sustainability personnel. This Green NAU post announces the installation of NAU's first on-campus solar thermal air panel system.
In this video, team leader of EE&RE Karin Wadsack speaks about Wind for Schools in Flagstaff, Arizona.
APRIL 15, 2011
At SEDI’s 3/11/11 EE&RE Meeting, the group heard a presentation from Virginia Turner and Roger Clark from the Grand Canyon Trust explaining the details of a Draft EIS examining 4 different scenarios that addressed the withdrawal of land near the Grand Canyon for Uranium mining.
MARCH 5, 2012
Laurel Morales – Fronteras – February 21, 2012
FLAGSTAFF — The Obama Administration announced rules Tuesday that will help the biobased products industry grow. The government is encouraging agencies to buy more biobased soap, disposable forks, paint and other supplies.
OCTOBER 5, 2011
Flagstaff Business News – September 22, 2011
Just days before the annual celebration of National Public Lands Day, 50 Arizona business associations and small businesses have sent a letter to Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, voicing support for a proposed 20-year moratorium on new uranium mining near Grand Canyon National Park.